The Maltese National Federation of Past Pupils and Friends of Don Bosco is launching a new project on Youth Faith Tourism. For this purpose, our organisation is setting up a pastoral educational and formation project to empower people, particularly young people, through the provision of non-formal education, cultural awareness and the promotion of faith tourism in Malta and Gozo. This is achieved by providing people with pathways to learning, self-exploration and cultural awareness through the promotion of faith tourism in Malta and Gozo. We will seek to promote the niche of faith youth tourism in Malta and Gozo. Faith tourism for young people seeks to promote the cultural, educational and spiritual dimension. It will also offer similar experiences from Maltese and Gozitan young people to travel abroad and experience faith tourism in the Salesian Spirit.
The applicant is expected to provide inspired leadership for the operation of one of our organization’s line of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will assist in promoting an organisational culture that encourages determination and drive.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote an organisational culture that encourages top performance, motivation, and determination.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, business development and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the Board of Directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the organisation.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support good and healthy communication within the organisation.
Profile of the candidate
A team player that can work within a voluntary organisation culture. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines.
Applicants must have a third level education with qualifications related to this job description such as education, social sciences, marketing or business development and have prior experience in a management or leadership position.
- A minimum of five years experience in leading organisations and working with young people especially in non-formal education. Experience of working with young travellers is considered as an asset.
- An excellent command of the Maltese and English language (spoken and written), knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Coordination and team communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among employees, volunteers, partners, and collaborators.
If you are interested in applying for this full-time position, you are kindly requested to send us your curriculum vitae and two referees by Monday 19th April 2021 at noon. Applications are to be sent to email@example.com