The Maltese National Federation of Past Pupils and Friends of Don Bosco is launching a new project Camino Maltese which aims at creating walking-journeys around Malta and Gozo marking main religious and cultural sites guided by an app which will provide a nonformal educational platform for educators, young people, and visitors to the Maltese Islands. The project aims at forming a group of volunteers to work on research, planning the routes for the walking-journey, developing an app, and testing it. This app will be used by people who wish to follow an adventurous pilgrimage which will help them to enjoy the outdoors, learn about our religious and cultural heritage, reflect on their inner journey, and take up a challenge. This app will also promote cultural faith tourism and would be another attraction for people who visit our islands as well as residents who wish to learn more about our history, culture, natural environment, personal development, and spirituality.
We are looking to employ a Project Manager on a part time basis to help us in the technical details of the development of the app.
This project has been funded through the Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector on behalf of Parliamentary Secretary for Sports, Recreation and Voluntary Organisations within the Ministry for Inclusion and Social Wellbeing.
Role and Responsibilities
– Prepare the groundwork and research technical features that we may benefit from during development process. This will help in the preparation of the Business & Technical Requirements document.
– Assess market for local and international development companies or individuals who can be considered for the project.
– Identify user requirements and develop a business and technical requirements document.
– Answer any questions put forward by interested development companies or individuals.
– Review and evaluate submitted proposals
– Prepare report to help in selecting development companies or individuals.
– Assist as necessary in contract negotiation stage.
– Assist selected development companies or individuals with detailed technical, user and business requirements.
– Liaise with end-users and development companies or individuals.
– Project management.
– Assist selected development companies or individuals with implementation stage and participate in live testing stage.
Profile of the candidate
A team player that can work within a voluntary organisation culture. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines.
- A minimum of five years experiences in IT Projects and project management.
- A degree in computing or related area.
- An excellent command of the Maltese and English language (spoken and written).
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Coordination and team communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
If you are interested in applying for this part time post, you are kindly requested to send us your curriculum vitae by 24th March 2021 at noon. Applications are to be sent to email@example.com