Call for Project Manager
The Maltese National Federation of Past Pupils and Friends of Don Bosco is launching a new project ‘Experience the City’ which aims at creating an opportunity for young people to experience Valletta from a meaningful, cultural perspective, through an app. The app will consist of a game that will engage young people in a series of challenges through a fun experience. The app will offer young people information related to the history, the culture and the social development of the City.
We are looking to employ a Project Manager on a part time basis to help us in the technical details of the development of the app.
This project has been funded through the Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector on behalf of Parliamentary Secretary for Sports, Recreation and Voluntary Organisations within the Ministry for Inclusion and Social Wellbeing.
Role and Responsibilities
– Prepare the groundwork and research technical features that we may benefit from during the development process. This will help in the preparation of the Business & Technical Requirements document.
– Assess market for local and international development companies or individuals who can be considered for the project.
– Identify user requirements and develop a business and technical requirements document.
– Answer any questions put forward by interested development companies or individuals.
– Review and evaluate submitted proposals
– Prepare reports to help in selecting development companies or individuals.
– Assist as necessary in the contract negotiation stage.
– Assist selected development companies or individuals with detailed technical, user and business requirements.
– Liaise with end-users and development companies or individuals.
– Project management.
– Assist selected development companies or individuals with the implementation stage and participate in the live testing stage.
Profile of the candidate
A team player that can work within a voluntary organisation culture. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines.
- A minimum of five years experience in IT Projects and project management.
- A degree in computing or related areas.
- An excellent command of the Maltese and English language (spoken and written).
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Coordination and team communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
If you are interested in applying for this part time post, you are kindly requested to send us your curriculum vitae by 9th March 2022 at noon. Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org