Call for Social Project Coordinator
The Maltese National Federation of Past Pupils and Friends of Don Bosco is seeking to employ a Social Projects Coordinator on a full-time basis.
The organisation is already managing social projects to reach out to young people who are in need in our community. During this year, the organisation will be expanding its operation of social projects by introducing new services.
The coordinator’s role involves creating a safe, supporting, and nurturing environment for the young people living in two of our residences as well as outreach services. He or she is to provide support to young people to develop both emotionally and in terms of their social skills and community integration. As Coordinator, together with the mentors and field Social Workers, sets and implements the care plans of each young person involved in the care services being provided. Furthermore, the position entails developing projects to support initiatives in developing countries.
The applicant is expected to provide inspired leadership for the operation of one of our organization’s lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will assist in promoting an organisational culture that encourages determination and drive in the social sector.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote an organisational culture that encourages top performance, motivation, and determination.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, business development and auditing.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the Board of Directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the organisation.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support good and healthy communication within the organisation.
- Responsible to oversee the implementation of social projects such as the Alberto Marvelli Residence, the Carlo Gastini Residence, and the MentorPower Programme for Employment.
- Responsible for the overall administration and the running of social projects of the organisation.
Social Projects Coordinator Roles include:
- Together with the Board of Directors, the Coordinator receives all application forms, builds up a profile of the applicant, makes sure all necessary documentation is recorded and filed, and presents all cases for admissions to the Board, which must include a care plan and a time frame.
- To manage social projects, by taking care of the recruitment, training, supervision of the mentors in accordance with the Handbook and Training Guide.
- He/She is entrusted to work with the field Social Workers on casework of all young people, including interventions, educational institutions and other professionals, and the young person’s workplace.
- He/She is expected to call and keep meticulous record of case review, conferences and execution of care plans
- He/She seeks to foster a good relationship with the local community in order to create a warm, homely, caring environment whilst caring for the individual needs of the young people.
- Provide young people with a positive life experience as they are prepared to move in their life and achieve independence;
- May participate in meetings that may be organized from time to time by the Board of Directors;
- Be responsible of all administrative matters and makes sure that all standards and licensing procedures are adhered to.
- Attend for regular supervision sessions and request support when needed;
- Ensures a good quality service;
- Ensures a safe and healthy living and working environment;
- Collaborate in the project evaluation and follow up after its conclusion.
- To apply for funds available to ensure the smooth running of the social projects.
- The Board of Director may add further responsibilities that may arise and would need to be followed up by the Coordinator.
Social Projects Coordinator Requirements:
Profile of the candidate
A team player that can work within a voluntary organisation culture. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines.
Applicants must have a third level education with qualifications related to this job description such as psychology and social sciences and preferably have prior experience in a management or leadership position.
- A minimum of three years experience in working with young people of fewer opportunities in the social and/or educational sector.
- An excellent command of the Maltese and English language (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Coordination and team communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among employees, volunteers, partners, and collaborators.
If you are interested in applying for this full-time position, you are kindly requested to send us your curriculum vitae and two referees by Friday 20th May 2022 at noon. Applications are to be sent to email@example.com